August 30, 2011 § 18 Comments
I’ve been busy. So busy that the only word that comes to mind is … Check!
Trimming the tresses – Check!
[photo to come]
Taking care of the disaster area that was my feet – Check!
[I’ll spare you the visual]
Family dinners – Check!
Celebrating with friends – Check!
A workout here…
[Oh, and there HAS been dancing!]
And all things wedding planning – Check! Check!
I’m so thankful for this trip. For my family and friends. For so many things.
Gratitude – Check!
What have you checked off your list lately?
What are you grateful for?
August 26, 2011 § 18 Comments
MAD -> MCO – August 24, 2011
On a 9 hour transatlantic flight…
1. Would you rather sit next to a man with serious body odor OR the bathroom door?
2. Would you rather land with cankles – legs swollen from 9 hours at 35,000 feet – OR take you skinny jeans off in the airplane bathroom in order to put your compression socks on – because there was no getting the socks under the jeans – ?
3. Would you rather fly on a near empty plane OR fly with a plane full of God loving pope-sters? (Nothing says safe like crosses all around)
4. Would you rather watch Bradley Cooper in Limitless OR Matt Damon in The Adjustment Bureau?
5. Would you rather listen to Britney or Bruno Mars on Top Hits music station? (Must catch up on all music that has been missed while out of the country)
What would you rather?
I would rather…
1. Bathroom door. You can at least turn away. But with body odor – there is nowhere to go. It permeates.
2.Take off jeans in airplane bathroom. I always where compression socks on flight longer than 5 hours. FYI – it is totally doable to get jeans off and on without touching one square inch of the bathroom. I am a master – but will re-think the skinny jeans for the return flight.
3. If it’s a day flight – no preference – the pope-sters can come! If it’s a night flight – near empty. More seats for me to sleep in – I’ll pack my own cross.
4. Obviously BOTH! 9 hours = plenty of time! Though I have to say I have never loved Bradley Cooper more. If you haven’t seen Limitless, remedy that soon. But Matt Damon – oh Matt – I have had a serious crush on him since “How ’bout them apples.” <– Name that movie.
5. Tough call. Britney will always make a comeback ’till the world ends.’ (I’m so clever.) And Bruno – who knew he was so versatile. I listened to his entire album at least twice!
August 24, 2011 § 18 Comments
I am heading…
Dorothy really had it right. There’s no place like home.
Top Reasons I have been counting down the days … for weeks… for this trip home!
There is nothing like a non-air conditioned summer to make you crave a cold delicious slurpable treat!
And there is nothing like the European smoothie cost to squash that craving.
I can’t wait to catch up with all of my friends! As well as their children who are growing faster than is allowed!
I miss my family dearly. I can’t wait to be apart of Sunday dinners again.
I haven’t been home since becoming an engaged woman. I can’t wait to toast with friends and receive real verses virtual hugs!
Thus far I have been an email interviewing queen. I have said it before but you really can get quite a lot accomplished via the internet.
I will be home for a few weeks and I have very tight schedule.
Not to mention the things I don’t do in Spain.
- Collecting the goods a smuggle back
I love my life abroad, but there is no place like home.